Sunday 10 June 2012

Brown Checks

Here's a little OOTD from two years ago. I remember being so proud of this dress, but now I can't see why! To see what I mean, the pattern I used is this Simplicity vintage re-issue. I thought it would make me look like Peggy Olson. Hmm. Maybe it's because I've learned a lot more about fitting and getting the right sizing in general when making clothes, but I didn't make a test garment with this one and it came out huge, so I had to take it in nearly everywhere, and it turns out that isn't a great idea when you've made it in a loud check! I swear the skirt was of sleeping bag proportions instead of the slinky pencil skirt depicted on the envelope.

Anyway, enough of my bitterness! It's a dress, and I could wear it- and goodness knows a lot of the stuff I start doesn't make it that far!

Dress: Home made
Shirt: H&M
Tights: Dunnes
Shoes: Topshop 
Tie you can't see: Thrifted

Check out lovely Pippa the Collie in the back there!

You can see the fabric better here. I love it, I wish I had more.
 Digby looking thrilled to receive a cuddle.
Also, a big hello to my new followers! I followed the blogs I could find back, you guys are a really interesting bunch! I have a day off tomorrow so I'm going to get read up. <3

2 comments:

  1. That fabric is amazing! I love check dresses. I like your styling, that you paired it with a shirt & tie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sian! :) I love dresses with shirts, it just feels comfier and more practical somehow!

    ReplyDelete